Pires, António Ramos
Welcome to the 4th International Conference on Quality Engineering and Management!
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the International Conference on Quality Engineering and Management 2020, the 4th edition, this time, due to the current worldwide situation caused by the SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 pandemic, organized online. However, I’m sure it will be a great event as the previous ones!
The ICQEM is an international forum to present and discuss the progresses in the Quality Management, Quality Engineering and Organizational Excellence fields. Consequently, since the beginning, the conference covers different topics as: Standards, Continuous Improvement, Supply Chain Quality Management, Management Systems, Lean Six Sigma, Quality Tools, Quality Management in Higher Education, Quality Management in Services, Total Quality Management, Organizational Excellence, The Future of Quality and Quality 4.0, among others.
This conference provides the unique opportunity to share the latest insights of academic and industrial research and applications on Quality and Organizational Excellence.
The ICQEM20 keynote speakers will include:
- António Cunha, President of the Collaborative Laboratory on Digital Transformation at University of Minho, Portugal, that will deliver a speech entitled “Digital transformation for intelligent quality assurance”.
- Benito Flores, Dean of the School of Engineering at University of Monterrey, Mexico, and Past-Chair of the American Society for Benito will talk about “Quality 4.0: More than Technology”.
- Christianna Hayes, CEO at Impact Performance Solutions, Chris will deliver a speech entitled “Achieving Personal Goals through Quality”.
- Jorge Román, International Consultant in Business Excellence & Benchmarking at Dubai Police Headquarters in Dubai UAE, that will deliver a speech focusing “Intellectual Property Crime and Business Excellence Framework. Dubai Police case study”.
- Maxim Protasov, CEO at Russian Quality System, Russia that will talk about “What is the Russian National Quality System all about?”.
More than 100 presentation proposals have been submitted. Proposals accepted correspond to authors from all around the world, with more than 20 countries represented at this level. Therefore, a warm
acknowledgment to all the speakers and authors is well deserved – Thank You! I would like to give also a special thanks to all the Members of the Scientific Committee for all the important work they have done by revising the full papers submitted.
Finally, I must acknowledge the institutional support received from the University of Minho, the Research Group on Quality and Organizational Excellence (RG-QOE), the ASQ University of Minho Student Branch, the University of Coimbra, the University of Girona, the Universitat Internacional de Catalunya (UIC Barcelona), the Portuguese Association for Quality (APQ), the Brazilian Association of Production Engineering (ABEPRO), Cempalavras, the European Organization for Quality (EOQ), the Russian System of Quality and the Brazilian Society for Quality and Excellence in Management (SBQEG).
Let’s take advantage of this great opportunity and make with your contributions an event with Quality, shared and built by such a top level group of participants, thus contributing to “A better world with Quality!”.
Paulo Sampaio University of Minho
Paulo Sampaio, University of Minho
António Ramos Pires, Polytechnic Institute of Setúbal, Pedro Saraiva, University of Coimbra
Martí Casadesús, University of Girona
Frederic Marimon, International University of Catalunya